How I got 4 free boxes of Popcorn at Albertsons

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How much did I pay? Nothing 4 boxes for FREE!
Sale is good till Feb 3rd
This is how I did it.  Albertsons has these on sale for buy 1 for $2.99 and get 3 free.  Which would make them  .75 cents a box.  The cashier will have a coupon at the register for the buy 1 get 3 free. But you can use MFR coupons for the 1 box you bought and the 3 you get free.  I used 1 coupon from the sunday coupon insert for $1 off 2 boxes and I used 2 $1 off coupons that you can print click here.
After coupons I had earned a penny, which went towards the .36 cents tax.  
If I had paid normal price for these it would have been $11.96, but all I had to pay was the  .35 cents in sales tax.  What a THRIFTY DEAL!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried this, but they only let me use 1 coupon in addition to their coupon so I spent $2 for 4 boxes.

Anonymous said...

Did the cashier reject your coupon? or did the register beep and reject it? You should be able to use 3 addition coupons for the 3 free boxes. As you saw in my photo.

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to me as Drea. I got a grumpy checker which I think makes a big difference. She took the one coupon from the paper and then told me I couldn't use the other ones because I couldn't get back more then I spent. I told her she could at least enter the 3rd coupon for 99 cents and she said no. She was so grumpy I didn't fight her on it. I guess I need some coaching on how to deal with troublesome checkers. :)

Anonymous said...

Did you know if you buy 4 boxes with 12 for free out pops a 5.00 catalina so I used coupons of course just on the 4 I actually paid for and spent out of pocket 3.00 for 16 boxes.

Anonymous said...

So I called the store manager about this. I guess some stores have coupons that allow you to buy 1 get 3 free. AS THE AD SAYS but other stores have buy 1 get 1 free and they use 3 coupons to get you the 3 free....so you would only be able to use one coupon ( you only can use 1 MFR coupon per item.) So if your store is using the 3 coupons to get the sale price, then yes you will only be able to use 1 more coupon. They are giving you the advertised sale price it just does not work out if you want to use coupons too.

I feel bad that you were not able to get them all free....but.50 cents a box is still a great price. Don't give up there will be another great sale around the corner. I hope this helps and thanks for your comments.

On another note if any of you want to buy 16 boxes all at once you will get a $5 catalina back.

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket